Friday, August 5

Project Runway 9 - My Pet Project


This episode's challenge is the absolute signature challenge of Project Runway and the reason why I watch, the unconventional materials challenge! I still remember Austin's corn husk dress from the supermarket challenge, Daniel V's flower dress from the flower district challenge, Leanne's car dress made from car parts, Andy's ribbon dress from a party store and the hardware challenge from season 8.

This time the unconventional materials came from a pet store. I really didn't know what I would do if I was placed into a pet store and asked to make a fashionable outfit out of something unconventional. I commend all these contestants for thinking of something but of course there were a lot of terrible or terribly boring outfits this challenge. Let's first take a look at the best designs this challenge:

Anthony Ryan
I absolutely love this outfit! This was sooo creative and I can't believe he was able to do this in a day. Placing all those bird seeds onto this outfit was a lot of work and I didn't believe he would finish. That neckline pushes this to the next level, yes it needed more length but for such a short time and getting all those seeds to stay on is a great job.

Joshua M.
I felt this was so current. The loose fit on the top is very on trend while giving it a nice twist with the amazing vibrant colors. That skirt seems so simple but it's nicely done and really complements that top. I find he did overstyle this outfit but if we took some of those extra things away the outfit he actually made was a job well done.

Oliver
I liked this outfit, I felt it does have a nice elegance and the texture looks great. I think she looks ridiculous with those eyebrows and I feel the fit isn't great but it was so creative. I can't believe he made this out of hamster bedding and a dog bed. I felt that he didn't go the most unconventional with the top since he did use a dog bed but it was nicely done and the belt really helped modernize it along with giving it some sort of shape. If the fit was perfect this would have been amazing.

Moving onto the ones that were disasters this round.
Bert
Bert! I had such high hopes for you since you really impressed in that first challenge. This just doesn't live up to what I would expect from you. This is very frumpy and just the weirdest looking thing on that runway. It looks like you just had a simple black dress and wanted to add this weird white sheer thing to make it a bit more interesting and yes it caught the eye but not in a good way at all.

Bryce
This was just a big train wreck walking down the runway. It was a badly made and fitted top that was absolutely unflattering on her body and so was that skirt. The skirt looked like a whole bunch of people had no place to put their used tissues so they just attached it to her dress. Oh and if I never hear wee wee paper again I'll be a happy guy since this is what will pop into my mind, if I could I would take a wee wee on this.

Fallene
There was nothing absolutely wrong with this outfit but damn is it the most boring thing you could make this challenge. I think the belt is the most interesting thing about this outfit and it wasn't even made by her or even great with this outfit. This was just a snoozefest walking.

Joshua C.
This was a pretty safe outfit. I felt he didn't push the boundaries at all, he used conventional materials to make this and he made a predictable outfit. He made up for the fit issues in his last challenge but this is not creative at all and the green belt clashes with the outfit.

Julie
This looked totally terrible. I felt the silhouette was good but the way the material looks is very cheap and terribly constructed. The dog collar/leash is the best part of this outfit, she did try something though with dog food bags but this was not a great outfit by any means but it's not the worst out there either.

My Results:
Winner:
Anthony Ryan! I love this outfit and I totally agree with Heidi, finally!
My favorite from the start is really impressing me, hopefully he keeps it up.

Out:
Bert, I felt this had no effort or creativity. He made a boring dress while making it terrible looking.
There were bigger messes but this was just terrible, had he not had immunity, I think he would have gone home.

~Anthony

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More